I’m creating this page to log questions I frequently receive and provide one place to hold all the answers I give.
If you have a question regarding one of my books, stories or this website and blog, please let me know.
Q – I signed up to review your book but can’t open the attachment, can you help?
I send out review copies as email attachments in three formats:
I’ve had more questions about Kindle files than any other. Kindle readers and their app offer a useful feature that allows you to email your device or app documents which can then be read directly on the device or app.
All you should need to do to read your review copy on your Kindle is forward the email with the .mobi attachment to the email address for your Kindle.
To find out your Kindle email address go to the Amazon website and log in to your account. (You will find this easier to do on a laptop or tablet rather than using the Kindle App.)
- Click on Your Account
- Click on Manage Your Content and Devices
- Select the Settings tab
- Scroll down to Send-to-Kindle E-Mail Settings. If you have more than one Kindle device and/or app you will see multiple device names and email addresses (You can edit the email address and name to make it easier to remember)
- Identify the correct email address for your device or app
- Scroll down to Approved Personal Document E-mail List
- You should have at least one email address listed which is the main email address associated with your account. You can forward my email with the .mobi attachment from this email address to your kindle device email address and the next time you sync and connect your Kindle, the document will be downloaded. (Alternatively, add a new email address and use that account to forward the .mobi attachment.)
Generic E-reader (.epub)
I am not currently able to offer support for people with Kobo, Nook or other ePub readers as I don’t possess one myself. If anyone would be willing to help me put together advice for loading ePub files onto their ereader I would be glad for your assistance.
It is possible to download Calibre (https://calibre-ebook.com/) for Mac, PC and Linux computers which has several built in ebook viewing applications including for ePub files.
The Calibre website has an excellent range of advice and instructions which I will not duplicate here.
You need a PDF reader on your computer or tablet to read a PDF file. To obtain one, go to this website: https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/
I recommend unticking the Optional Offers! Click on Install Now and follow the instructions
Once installed you should be able to open the PDF file and view.
I do not recommend viewing the PDF file on a smartphone. The pages have been formatted for viewing on a larger screen.